Charleston SC’s favorite woodwork! Nothing compares to the warmth and natural beauty inspired by hardwood flooring. It is definitely a classic and enduring option for your home or office. It has changed over the years, but never goes out of style. Wood flooring is known to add real, lasting value to your home. So if you are looking to invest in the future, hardwood flooring can be a great option. We offer a range of options and styles that allow you to find your style in hardwood. It is hard to beat the warmth and appeal of hardwood, and we are here to help you find the best type to apply to your space.
Hardwood is a classic, beautiful option for those seeking timeless quality. Hardwood floors make an impression of elegance and strength and are a choice to add value to your home or office. When choosing hardwood, consider the following factors:
- Color – The color of the hardwood vary quite drastically depending on the options you are considering. You can find a broad spectrum of options. Typically, as a rule of thumb, lighter floors work well in contemporary settings and darker floors are elegant options for more traditional rooms.
- Character – Hardwood has natural character that is found in the grain variations of the wood. Most wood has its own distinct “personality” and you should remember this when making a selection. The wood grain can determine whether the wood appears sleek and modern or rustic and rich.
- Construction – When it comes to construction, you have two choices: solid or engineered. The solid planks are created from single pieces of wood that will make a great floor to last a lifetime. Engineered planks, on the other hand, are made from several layers of wood (usually a core of plywood is used), and they are designed to for areas that experience higher levels of humidity. Essentially, because of these features, engineered hardwoods can better for some rooms than solid hardwoods.
- Finish – There are many options to choose from when it comes to the finish for your floor. This is an essential part of the process, and we are glad to help you select the right finish to ensure the texture and color match your desires.
Picking out the right brand and style of Hardwood floors for your Charleston, SC residence can be quite the challenge, and a little overwhelming. Here is a list of the hardwood floor brands and products we carry at our showroom in the Charleston, SC area:
Simply put, Shaw hardwood floors are known for their high quality and durability. They can be great hardwoods for your home in Charleston. They have a variety of styles, colors and textures, and can truly add warmth, elegance, and overall charm to your home or office. If you are looking for hardwood floors in Charleston, then you should consider Shaw as a brand option.
Shaw is not only a great flooring company, but a responsible one when it comes to hardwoods. Shaw is truly committed to sustainability and knowing where their hardwood floors originate. The company takes measures to ensure that each hardwood flooring product is sourced legally and ethically, in accordance with the Lacey Act. If you have any questions about Shaw hardwood floors for your home in Charleston, SC then you can contact us or learn more by visiting their website: Shaw Hardwood Floors.
Columbia Hardwood Floors
Columbia Flooring is truly setting a new course and direction for hardwood flooring. Columbia is a company designed to celebrate the art of the hardwood floor. Beautiful. Authentic. Handcrafted. Original. Locally grown, harvested and crafted here in the United States. Our Classic American hardwood floors are designed to enhance any style of décor. Each hardwood floor with its own personality. Each hardwood floor as unique as your home (Columbia Hardwood Floors).
If you are looking into hardwood floors from Columbia, you will quickly find that each of their hardwood flooring options are made of premium hardwood. They will take you to another time and place, as they offer an unparalleled level of authenticity. If you are looking for unique hardwood floors for your Charleston residence, you can find it from Columbia.
After you have selected your hardwood, we are available to provide you with the full process of installation. This includes: professional on-site measurement, removal of old flooring, and installation. The installation process includes moving your furniture, and replacing your trim. We will help you in every step and ensure your floor looks amazing and that it provides lasting appeal. If you want more information on the installation process or would like a consultation do not hesitate to contact us.
ALSO, HERE’S A QUICK CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO REMEMBER BEFORE THE INSTALLATION OF YOUR HARDWOOD:
- Call on us to remove your existing floor, or make other arrangements to have it removed
- Have the furniture and all fragile items moved out of the rooms
- Measure door clearances and assess hardwood thickness. If needed call on us to shave down the bottom of each door to ensure clearance.
- If you are planning to paint, add wallpaper, or perform any remodeling, it is always best to do so before your hardwood is installed.
Once again, if you have any questions regarding what we recommend before installation, don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions.