Whether you have a new home or have been in your home for years, every so often it’s time for an update. You can start small with paint or pictures or even furniture. Over the years, though, big changes are needed. One of the best ways to transform your home is with flooring. We at Carolina Flooring enjoy keeping up with the newest flooring trends and how they can be put in any home. You may be skeptical about putting anything too trendy into your home but with these newest flooring trends, you will love them for years.
Newest Flooring Trends for Your Home
- Bamboo– While bamboo has been around for years as a flooring choice, it’s taken a spike in popularity recently. The reasons behind its sudden surge are many. The first is its sustainability. Bamboo is a plant that can be easily harvested and regrows very quickly, unlike its tree counterpart. Along with its sustainability, this means that the price point is very reasonable. To top it off, when dried, bamboo can be harder than most hardwoods and therefore is very durable.
- Reclaimed Wood– We are sure you have heard of reclaimed wood in many design concepts. If you are unfamiliar with the concept of reclaimed wood, it is simply wood that was used in other ways. What was once barn siding could now be your floor. However, it comes with a cost. If the price is an issue, there are now reclaimed hardwood. This gives you the look and charm of the wood without the high cost.
- Cork– Not only used in wine bottles, cork is on the rise for new flooring trends. This product is perfect if you have a family or a large space. It is usually found in businesses like radio stations where they need the noise reduction. This can translate to a home by keeping noises low from children or adults. If you have never walked on cork, trust us, it’s very comfortable.
- Luxury Vinyl– We know that when you hear the word vinyl, a reaction happens that usually isn’t pleasant. New technology has now come up with luxury vinyl and it is a hit in many homes. It gives you the look of beautiful hardwood floors and the durability of vinyl. It keeps moisture at bay and is a perfect fit for bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.
- American Hardwood– For those of you who have to have real wood, we suggest looking into American Hardwood. The wood for the floors is usually located only a few hundred miles from you and is quickly replenished. This means that it is a more sustainable product and made right here.
- Concrete– You may be thinking that concrete can’t be beautiful but you would be mistaken. Concrete has made a comeback not only in floors but in the kitchen as well. New technology has given manufacturers the ability to color and finish concrete in a multitude of ways where you won’t believe your eyes. This product is also at a nice price point and is high on style.
As you can see, when it comes to the newest flooring trends, you can have you mix of price, style, and comfort. We at Carolina Flooring have so many products that could be perfect for your next flooring project. We invite you to come by and discuss with our team what you envision for your home and how we can make it happen.