Selecting floors can be one of the biggest, and most challenging decisions you will make when it comes to renovating, designing, or improving your home. It can be a real challenge to figure out where you should start, and what you need to know.
We at Carolina Flooring Services want to be your guide to Charleston flooring. We have served the Charleston community for over 10 years, and we maintain the highest levels of quality and customer service from start to finish. Here are some floor buying questions to consider and tips to get you started, and you can find more information by downloading our full Floor Buying Guide:
Once you have reviewed the space for your new floor and how it will be consistently applied to match the other rooms throughout your house. You should schedule an in home measurement and estimate. You may also want to consider the following questions when making your selection:
- How will the new floor contribute to the rest of the décor in the home, and how will it add value to the house?
- What floor colors and textures will best match the paint and fixtures?
- How intimate do you want the space to feel? The color and texture can influence how large a room can feel. Typically, lighter colors can make a room feel larger, and darker tones can make the space feel more intimate.
- Does the space have outside access, and if so, how will this affect your selection? Remember durability and ease of cleaning should be two main considerations when it comes to high traffic areas with outdoor access.
- Do you or someone in your family suffer from allergies? Your flooring decision can impact or influence the amount of dust and allergens. For example, hard surface flooring has been less prone to harboring dust, dust mites, and other allergens when compared to full coverage carpets.
- What are all the costs involved? Remember to ask an expert about the maintenance of your options, and how that will affect your long-term cost? Consider the costs and benefits when making your final selection.